I last wrote in January, when I ordered my seeds. They have all arrived, and the leeks and onions were started on February 16. They're up and looking great. I'll start chronicling seed starting more in earnest when I start more plants in March.
I haven't shared my 2014 garden plan yet. It is mighty ambitious. Take a look:
We live in a subdivision that doesn't allow fenced yards, so I'm choosing to grow an edible hedge instead (I may sink chicken wire on the inside if we still have a problem with critters—only time will tell). I just placed the order today, and it was pretty overwhelming. To create a 35' x 60' hedgerow, we'll need:
- Caroline Raspberries (9) - fall bearing
- Red Lantham Raspberries (9) - spring/summer bearing
- Hinnomaki Red Gooseberries (12) - fall bearing
- Red Lake Currants (12) - July bearing
- Hansen's Bush Cherries (12) - summer bearing