The garlic, however, seems to have woken up on its own just fine. This is great, as it's the first year I've planted garlic and I was concerned that I hadn't planted it in optimal soil conditions.
The day's work included weeding one of the garden beds. Grass seems to find its way from the paths to the beds constantly. We've got a project underway to take care of that, but that's for another blog post, when we're hopefully much further along.
The grid only covers 8' of the 16' bed, as I didn't need to plant the other portion yet and I wanted to leave the comforter compost to do its work.
- Knight Peas (2 squares of 16)
- Sugar Lace Peas (2 squares of 16)
- Toppers Turnips (1 square of 9)
- Tokyo Cross Turnips (1 square of 9)
- Cherry Belle Radishes (1 square of 16)
- Easter Egg Radishes (1 square of 16)
- French Breakfast Radishes (1 square of 16)
- Boltardy Beets (1 square of 16)
- Early Wonder Beets (1 square of 16)
- Crosby Egyptian Beets (1 square of 16)
- Pine Tree Lettuce Mix (2 squares of 4)
- Arugula (2 squares of 9)
- Dash Spinach (1 square of 9)